Depositphotos is a rapidly growing agency, and what is most important, you can expect sales from the very beginning! Most sales on Depositphotos are based on subscription plans (similar to Shutterstock), but some images sell for Credits too, which obviously provide you with higher royalties. You will soon discover, that this agency has one of the smoothest upload process in the whole industry!
Depositphotos offers good commission rates for independents, ranging from 44% to 52%.
In order to work with our site as a contributor of images or videos, you must first upload 5 samples of your best work to be evaluated. It does not matter which test you choose – for an image contributor or video contributor – if you pass the examination, you’ll have access to all of the site features, and you will be able to upload both images and videos for sale.
In addition, you can provide links to your portfolio at other stock sites. The larger your portfolio at other sites, the higher your rating will be on their site. A high rating at their site grants certain privileges, including: the option to participate in the Promotion Program; quicker approval of your files; greater respect from their inspectors.
- Photos must be in JPEG/JPG format with an RGB color space.
- Minimum resolution is 3.8 MP (2400 x 1600 pixels).
- Photos may not be larger than 50 megabytes.
Vector Image Requirements:
- Supported vector image formats: AI and EPS.
- Vector images must be in a ZIP archive with a JPEG/JPG preview. Minimum resolution of JPEG/JPG preview is 3.8 MP (2400 x 1600 pixels).
- Each ZIP archive may not be larger than 50 megabytes.
- The following video formats are accepted: ASF, AVI, DV, FLV, MOV, MPEG/MPG, WMV.
- The following video codecs are accepted: Photo JPEG, Motion JPEG-A/B; DV, HDV, DVCPro; H.264/AVC, DivX, Xvid, SVQ1, MP42, MP43, MPG4, MP4V, M4S2, MPEG-1, MPEG-2; WMV2, WMV3; FLV.
- The frames-per-second (FPS) should correspond to the video format (NTSC standard of 29.97 FPS or the PAL standard of 25 FPS). We accept 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.93 or 60 FPS.
- Minimum resolution is 0.07 MP (320 x 240 pixels). Maximum resolution is not limited.
- Minimum video length is 3 seconds. Maximum video length is 60 seconds.
- The compression level should correspond to the best possible image quality.
- Sound can be accepted if it is part of the scene (ambient sounds, voices). Video must NOT contain any audio track not owned by the video contributor.
- Maximum file size for video is 2048 MB.
They’re one of the few agencies with a proven short term sales record, so don’t wait too long before signing up. Just click at the logo banner to visit their Website:
Visit our Microstock Beginners Guide for more Information on how to get started: